How to Change Your Snapchat login password?
If you want to reset the Snapchat login password, you can do it. There are a few ways you can change the Snapchat login password?
If you have a verified email or phone number linked with your Snapchat account you can change your password via email or you can also change your Snapchat login password via SMS.
You can reset your password by sending verification code through SMS and then by following steps change password.
Steps to change your Password Through SMS
- The first step is to tap on the ‘Forgot your password?’
- The next step is to select how you would like to reset your password via SMS or email. You can select via SMS.
- A verification code sent on the phone number which is linked with your account
- Now, you can enter the verification code and tap on ‘Continue’
- In the last steps, enter your new preferred password!
You can also change your password by sending verification to your email and then follow the below steps to reset your password.
Steps to change your password via Email
- Click on the ‘Forgot your password?’
- The next step is to select how you would like to reset your password. You should select via email.
- After selecting via email, you should get a password reset link through email to the email address which is linked with your account.
- Tap on the URL if you cannot click the URL, make a copy, and paste the URL into your browser.
- In the last steps enter your new password. Make sure the new password should have upper and lower case alphabets and also have some numeric value or symbols.
Pro Tip: you should select a new password that is at least 8 characters in length that do not contain your username, phone number, name, birthday, or any other personal information. If you can include a mix of symbols, numbers, and/or capital and lowercase letters in your new password, it will make your password stronger and no one can then access your password.
Moreover, if you have Login Verification enabled you may require your Recovery or Verification Code to log in.
Snapchat team are unable to reset a password for an account for security reasons if
- You do not identify the linked phone number or email address.
- You do not have access to the phone number or email address which is linked to your account.
- The email address you are writing is not linked with the account.